90.9 The Bridge is proud to celebrate the essential contributions of Black artists throughout the year. In honor of Black History Month in February, we will have special programming on air and online to commemorate the artistry, legacy and experiences of Black musicians — including Q&As with local artists, playlists, community initiatives and more.
Tune in and check bridge909.org for:
- Partnerships with Black-owned businesses to elevate local and independent eateries, institutions, agencies and more
- Features on February's Bridge Artists of the Week: Eddie Moore, The Kuti Family, Jon Batiste and Arlo Parks
- Black History Month episodes of Sonic Spectrum, The Z Show, Revival and Eight One Sixty
- Giveback Friday segments with Kansas City G.I.F.T. and Material Opulence
- Saturday, Feb. 27 at 10 a.m.: In-depth interviews with KC artists Eddie Moore and Sam Wells at noon
- Saturday, Feb. 27 at 2 p.m.: AMERI'KANA Show – An exploration that showcases and celebrates the true diversity in American music, past and present. The project focuses on Memphis and its profound influence on American music, with conversations and music from Memphis music legends RL and Cedric Burnside, the Barnes family (Deborah Barnes sang with Ray Charles in the '70s), Boo Mitchell and more!
Listen on air, stream online, via our App or your smart speaker by saying “Play The Bridge from TuneIn / IHeartRadio.”